Welcome to 5th Grade!

I’m so excited to see you for the first day of school! Please post something about yourself (a sport you play, a talent you have, a hobby you love, something about your family, etc.) and one thing you enjoyed over the summer. See you soon!

19 thoughts on “Welcome to 5th Grade!

1. Hi, over the summer it was my first year at sleep away camp and I had the best time there. I love to go on adventures such as hiking and mountain biking. My favorite sport of all is soccer.

From: Isla Cleveland

• Hi, Isla! I remember sleep away camp when I was a kid. I’m glad you enjoyed it! My husband is a HUGE soccer fan. Did you watch the World Cup? See you soon!

2. I am looking forward to starting fifth grade. I play soccer hockey and lacrosse. When I am not on a sports field I enjoy playing with my dog, Lacey. I had a great summer, but the best part was going to New York City and seeing school of rock on Broadway. I can’t wait to start a new and fun year of fifth grade.

• Hi, Maddie! What fun! School of Rock on Broadway must have been great. I’ve been wanting to see Hamilton. I love musicals. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

3. My name is Madison. I play soccer, lacrosse, and I’m on the swim team. I like marvel movies, dinosaurs and pigs. I went to diabetes camp at Clara Barton this summer for 2 weeks. I have 2 sisters (Olivia and Sophia), a dog named Bella and 15 chickens.

• Hi, Madison! I recently watched all of the Marvel movies in order since my younger sister is a big fan. I still need to see Ant Man and the Wasp. Have you seen that one? That’s a lot of chickens! You must get a lot of fresh eggs. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

4. Hi! My name is Patrick. I have 2 sisters, Riley and Cecilia. I like to play with Legos, and play tackle football and lacrosse. I have a dog and a cat. Our cat chases our dog. This summer we took a great trip to Seattle and I did the worm on the rotating glass door at the the top of the Space Needle. I am looking forward too 5th grade and seeing my friends again!

• Hi, Patrick! I’ve always wanted to see Seattle. The Space Needle must have been cool. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

5. Hi my name is Griffin. I like swimming and sports. Over the summer I went to Vermont for a week on Lake Champlain and I also went to Canobie Lake Park and I played summer baseball. I have one brother and one sister but no pets. I can’t wait till fifth grade!

• Hi, Griffin! My daughters love Canobie Lake Park. Did you go on the Boston Tea Party ride? I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

6. Hi I am Emily I play soccer and do dance. I love to read and play with my brother(Cameron)My favorite book is small as an elephant. My family is part scotish and part Italian. I had a great summer but I really loved when I got my new puppy ( Brandy) she is so fun to play with. I can’t wait for the best school year ever!!

• Hi, Emily! I can’t wait to see pictures of your new puppy. That’s so exciting. Our dog still acts like a puppy, though she’s two years old now. I’m looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. I’ll have to check out Small as an Elephant. I haven’t read that one and am always looking for a good book to read.

7. Hi, my name is Grayson. I like to play hockey and football. This summer I went to Cape Cod for one week, went to Rhode Island to visit family, visited Maine with my friend Bruce, and went to New York. I also went to Tea House Camp in Wenham. I have a dog named Fritz and a sister named Maddie.

• Hi, Grayson! It sounds like you had a busy summer! I remember Maddie. Tell her I said hi. I’m looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. What kind of dog is Fritz?

8. Hi, my name is Finn Churchill. I like hockey and lacrosse. I have two french bulldogs named Cookie Dough & Jujube. I have a sister named Una. This summer I went to Hawaii for two weeks and then san Fran to see my uncle. I also went to Nantucket to auction off paintings. The paintings were made by an artist in Nantucket. I swam and went on bike rides.

• Hi, Finn! It sounds like you had a great summer! I’ve never been to Hawai’i before, but would love to go. Was that your first time there? I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

9. Hi I’m Logan DeSimone and I love football, fishing and hanging out with my friends. This summer, my favorite thing we did was to participate in Gala Day at my grandparents house. (It’s like Field Day at Buker, with all the summer kids, in our gated community in Ipswich). I am really excited for 5th grade!!! Sorry I’m so late in doing my homework 🙂